Description


Because Crohn's Disease is hard enough - New posts every Sunday!

Monday, August 26, 2013

Crepes

SCD Crepes with Blackberries and Honey
I love crepes! But being the poor college student I am, I've never had a good enough frying pan to actually make a good crepe. In fact, I was so poor a few months ago that I found a crepe recipe that specifically didn't call for any almond flour, because I was too broke to buy almond flour. Well, a few weeks ago I was at my parent's house on my way home from dance, and decided to take advantage of my parents and their real jobs and make myself some SCD crepes. Holy cow they were good. So here you go, reaping the benefits of my more-well-to-do-than-I-am family.





Ingredients:

5 eggs
1/2 cup almond flour
2 Tbs water
1 tsp honey
Pinch of salt

Instructions:

Heat up a greased medium sized frying pan to medium/medium high heat. You'll know it's right when you pour the batter and it cooks quickly, but doesn't shrivel and peak. Pour 1/4 cup batter into the center of the frying pan and swirl the frying pan until the entire base of the pan is coated in batter. Flip the crepe once the top begins to look pasty and holes are beginning to form, about 2 minute. Cook for 1 more minute. Makes 8 crepes.

Notes:

*The bottom will brown when it's ready to flip. Just keep your eye on it and don't let it burn. But to be quite frank, this recipe is quite resilient, so burning the crepe will take some talent.
*Fill crepes with whatever you like! I love fruit and yogurt, but get crazy! I've even used this recipe to make an SCD PB&J.
*Crepes freeze really well. In fact, It's always a good idea to make them over a weekend and use them for breakfast burritos, sandwiches, etc. throughout the week. If you freeze them, be sure to put some parchment paper between each crepe so they don't freeze together (no fun to try and pull apart).
*Originally from http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=2001303

Thoughts? Comments? Words of love and devotion? Leave it in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment