Description


Because Crohn's Disease is hard enough - New posts every Sunday!

Monday, September 30, 2013

Banana Muffins

SCD Banana Muffins
As you've read before, I just am not a fan of eating eggs plain. But being on the SCD, there aren't a whole lot of options for breakfast. Especially after having lived off of cereal as my "complete breakfast" for 23 years. So recently I've been getting creative with what I eat for the most important meal of the day. It started with pancakes, moved on to oatmeal, and now, onto the easiest meal of all: banana muffins. I say easy because all you need to do is make a batch early in the week and you're set for the next few days. Really nice for when I wake at 6:50 am for my 7 am class. :D



Ingredients:

3 eggs
2 bananas
1/2 cup honey
1 Tbs vanilla
3 cups almond flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Instructions:

Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Beat the eggs, bananas, honey, and vanilla together. Add the almond flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring constantly. Grease muffin tins for ~16-20 muffins. Pour batter into tin, filling roughly 2/3 full. bake for 20-25 minutes until tops are golden brown. Allow to cool 10-15 min.

Notes:

*My muffins collapsed a little bit. That's because I opened the oven door before they were completely set. They should end up a little fluffier, but know that without gluten, they will never set quite like normal muffins, and that's ok.
*Depending on the size of the muffin holes, you may have more or less muffins. The key is just making sure that you never fill the tin up past 2/3 full to prevent it from overflowing on top of the tin as it expands.
*Feel free to add nuts or whatever you feel so inclined to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment