Description


Because Crohn's Disease is hard enough - New posts every Sunday!

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Welcome to Everyday SCD!

Well, if you're reading this, that means you made it to my blog! Congrats! I hope you're excited because you're in for a real treat. The reason I created this blog was to show how the average person could live on such a strict diet like the SCD (Specific Carbohydrate Diet). Granted, this applies to anyone who's also going gluten-free. There's a lot of similarities between the two.

Just a little about me. I am a single full time student at Brigham Young University studying Chemical Engineering. I'm also a very competitive ballroom dancer. And on top of all of that, I still find time to cook and work in order to manage the diet. Thus the name Everyday SCD, because the SCD diet shouldn't be viewed as a challenge for only those stay at home moms who have time to cook. Rather, it's about finding little things that work and making the best of what few ingredients you have around the house (or in my case, the apartment).

Hopefully my recipes help and feel free to give me feedback as I go along. I'm no professional, but I'm still alive, which says something.

-AJ Heaps :D

No comments:

Post a Comment