Description


Because Crohn's Disease is hard enough - New posts every Sunday!

Monday, October 29, 2012

Hot Apple Cider

The weather's getting colder, and as a result, I'm coming home from school freezing cold. Now that hot chocolate is out of the question, I needed a good replacement. So here it is, hot apple cider, full of all the warm, festive bliss without the accompanying ulcers.

Ingredients:

1 cup NFC (not from concentrate) apple juice
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg

Instructions:

Mix and heat.

Notes:

*I love lots of flavor, so I add a generous amount of seasonings. For a lighter taste, use 1/8 tsp cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg.
*I heat mine in the microwave for 45 seconds. You could use a range, in which case, use medium heat and stir occasionally.
*This recipe can easily be doubled, tripled, quadrupled, octupled. You could even do it a gallon at a time if you wanted to. Just measure out the spices accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment